God is good!
What Jesus said and did after His resurrection truly encouraged me today and I wanted to share it with all of you!
"He said to them, 'How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?' And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself." -Luke 24:25-27
Later on he appears also to the Eleven along with these previous two women saying:
"'This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.' Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, 'This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.'" -Luke 24:44-49
Mostly I am encouraged that firstly, He addresses their slowness of heart to believe the prophets, but then in patience tells them Himself all the prophecies pertaining to Himself. Then when He appears again to all of them, He "[opens] their minds so they [can] understand the Scriptures."
Just an encouragement to be faithful in our reading the scriptures so that we may see His glory as it unfolds, and also an encouragement to believe what has been prophesied!!
Love you all and I am so grateful to have a community who is thirsty for Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you Kelli(and Jesus)!! I was reading Song of Solomon today, and having a really hard time grasping the reality of it. But my hunger to know Him, and His heart, and His desire for me is continually growing. God knows what I am ready for, and He is really good at pursuing me. So as much as I want to snap my fingers and have all wisdom and knowledge of the scriptures, I am starting to like the way He draws me to Himself and reveals little by little. But, yes, Jesus please open our minds!!!
ReplyDeleteyay! i was trying to read zechariah at ihop tonight (what a whack place to start!!!!) and had such a similar experience, but this really encouraged me kelli! and even your comment was encouraging to me, dana!! i love this blog. what a genius idea....
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I know... I find myself encouraged just as I think about it throughout the day!!
ReplyDelete