Sunday, January 4, 2009

in our weakness He is strong

I have a friend, Stephanie, that has had similar struggles to Carly's friend from her previous post. She has spent the last couple years in and out of rehab, addicted to many different drugs and alcohol, running from problems and hurts from the past. I have had a longing for Jesus to encounter her, and tonight, for the first time ever, we had a conversation about Him and how much He loves her and how much better He is than everything she has tried. We prayed, but she isn't sold out yet. She feels stuck and unworthy, and doesn't know how to practically get out of the mess she is in. She doesn't know how to function without being on drugs and alcohol now, and needs to get help, but feels like she has been there and tried that with rehab. I don't know what the next step is for her, but I know this is a hard fight, and she can't do it on her own. Some people thinks she may need to fall even more before she can recover, but I see her brokenness and it breaks my heart. Jesus is jealously chasing her. Please pray for Stephanie and for my discernment!

1 comment:

  1. Girl your title says it all! I know the Lord has had you walking through this trial with Him so much over the past week [and I don't know how much longer], and I am encouraged to hear He opened a door for you tonight. I ask again that He would restore hope to her, making the fact that she cannot do it on her own become the very doorway to her knowing the Lord.
    Blessings on your obedience, dana!

    ReplyDelete