Friday, January 2, 2009
Salvation
So I have a wonderful exciting piece of news to share for when everyone gets on here! Back when I worked at Schlotzskys in college I made a friend named Philip. This was back when I was way miserable. Philip and me hung out a lot, drank together, smoked week together. We had "fun." The false kind. But it was sad. I felt like the most horrible Christian around him. He was really talented at graphics and quit school to work for a company as their graphics guy. He is soooo nice and happy and fun. But he was completely apathetic about religion. He could not have cared less and if you ever tried to talk about it, he was like whatever Christians are dumb. That stuff is crazy. I had a horrible experience with him smoking weed one night and we sort of parted ways and haven't hung out since. This was before I went to Brazil and got delivered from a spirit of death (so he doesn't know anything about me now). He called me several times after and pretend like nothing had happened but I always ignored his called. I felt like I needed to sever our friendship so that I wouldn't stumble in my actions around him and cause him to furhter think Christians were hypocrites.We would run into each other downtown drunk...because I still struggled with that until like-this week....But it was always really awkward. ANyways-on facebook today his status is at the top. It says, "Philip has been pursued by God and is now reconciled to Christ!" So I look up his number on facebook, since I had long since deleted it. And I immediately called him. We both got choked up to speak to each other again. And it was so awesome because he told me his radical testimony of God chasing him through loving friends and horrible experiences with sin. And now he is chasing God, a brand new believer, HUNGRY FOR THE WORD!!! and prayer! And excited and joyful. With a cloud of new witness friends surrounding him. This was AMAZING for me. I began to cry listening to him. Because this boy is the last person on earth I expected to change. I had more hope for atheists, because at least they think about God. Or miserably depressed people, because they know the world comes up short. Or people going through failure, because they are longing for something to help them. But this guy has a job, has "fun," gets all sorts of girls and has sex all the time, really apathetic. BUT GOD REACHED HIM. God chased after him for a year straight and made it so that no other lover even came close enough. He slowly fell in love with Jesus until finally he had no choice but to surrender to him. And his roommates all think he's crazy! But he doesn't care! The joy of his new salvation brought me great hope that Jesus does GREAT things in HIS power. He can change ANYONE's heart!! And this isn't like a "I accept Jesus yay" salvation. He is already seeking, praying, pouring into the Bible. He is excited about reading it! And he has been awakened to the reality of the Holy Spirit and spiritual forces and everything! It is awesome, guys. I can;t put into words how amazing his transformation is. And how exciting it is that we are going to meet up soon and re-discover each other as new creations. And begin a restorative Godly friendship as two totally new people in Christ. How rare for such an opportunity. We are both so excited to see each other again for the first time and have that first hug as brother and sister in Christ!!! ive been shaking all afternoon. His name is Philip so give the Lord a praise for Phil's new life!!!WOOO! He's really doing this. He's really building His army!!! Praise Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
PRAISE JESUS!! I am so excited for God that He has another of His children!! I cannot tell you how very encouraging this post is to me right now and how perfectly timed! [Thank You, Jesus!] I truly have been desiring for the past hour to hear a testimony of His presence and of His movement. I adore how He can use even one person's love for Him for so many of His children. Praise God!
ReplyDeletethat's so amazingly cool!!!!! Yay for the BEGINNING of all the crazy stuff we will see in the coming days!!!
ReplyDeleteweird. this is christina, but I was the Metic for a class that had a blog, so I'll see if I can change that. weird...
ReplyDelete