So, this isn't exactly "scroll" related, but I was just watching "Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", and there's this fantastic moment where Aslan (like Jesus) is trying to knight (like marry) Prince Caspian (like the church).
Aslan: Rise, kings and queens of Narnia.
[Peter, Edmund, and Susan stand up, but Caspian stays on one knee]
Aslan: All of you.
Prince Caspian: I do not think I am ready.
Aslan: It is for that very reason, that I know you are.
He comes back when we're ready; He knows when we're prepared. And then, He encourages us to walk in all that He knows we are capable of walking in. And if anyone knows what we can do, He knows. I love that He can see us without sin, as we were originally created. He can see past our junk and insecurities, the lies that we allow to define our every moment. Even in our greatest sense of "truth," we can never see us as He does. So take heart, my loves, that He sees our greatest potential, and He is going to lead us into it as we are ready. I also loved the quote earlier in the movie when Lucy sees Aslan again for the first time since they returned to Narnia:
Lucy: You've grown!
Aslan: Every year you grow, so shall I.
It's like that conversation that I was having with one of you that time... yeah, there were a lot of conversations throughout the week... about how God reveals different parts of Himself to us as we are ready to receive them. I figure, if God were to show us all of Himself at once, one - we'd die, and two - ...we'd probably fall over and die again. So, He shows us bits and pieces as we pursue Him and show Him we are ready for more, which is silly because He knows us better than we do, so really, we're showing ourselves that we're ready for more of Him too.
Anyway, just wanted to share my love of Narnia with y'all, and also ask for some prayer. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow... I have either an ectopic pregnancy or another ovarian cyst... we'll know soon. Anyway, love you lots, covet your prayers, and talk to you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Seriously encouraging, steph.
ReplyDeleteJust know that brevity here is because I needed to hear this. love you!
ps, i am DEFINITELY praying for you, Steph. We love you and we're here for you. The Lord witholds no good thing from you! I will pray for your health! love you
ReplyDelete