Monday, November 15, 2010

Psalm 43:

"Vindicate me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation; Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man! For You are the God of my strength; why do You cast me off? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me to Your holy hill and to Your tabernacle. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God. Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God."

Been stuck on this Psalm lately. I've been marveling that I can go through this process in an instant. I can literally feel oppressed and discouraged, but as I ask for light and truth, He brings me into His presence. Multiple times in the past few weeks I've gone from fear and sadness to giddy laughter in a matter of seconds because truth hit my heart...this is crazy.

The idea of His tabernacle is for us now. His dwelling, His presence, His kingdom, His Spirit (however you want to define it) is where I want to live. And, it turns out that I have access all of the time if I will just turn and look at Him. He truly is "my exceeding joy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment